HVAC Startup Technician 5-7 years
Quality Air was founded in 1968 and is the industry leader in commercial and industrial HVAC Mechanical System and Facility Automation services in West Michigan. We are searching for a HVAC Startup Technician to join our team. We provide training and support. Our professionals work in a team environment where cooperation and collaboration create a winning culture. No after normal business hours “on call” included in this position. This challenging role is perfect for an individual who thrives on learning and applying the latest technology.
The appropriate candidate must:
- Must be able to carry out all related HVAC diagnostic, startup, and commissioning work as required
- Construct refrigeration piping systems and complete refrigeration system start up.
- New boiler commissioning and start up- CSD1 and Rule 27
- Startup and troubleshooting on commercial and industrial rooftop units
- Total system commissioning (water and air balancing, controls, etc.)
- Startup and commissioning of air to air and water to air heat pumps
- Snow Melt, Hydronic, Chilled Water system startup
- Keep the customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues, and recommend system enhancements, upgrades, and or repairs
- Adhere to all Quality Air, jobsite, and customer safety standards
- Provide support to engineering, construction, and other skilled trades on projects as needed
- Provide support to the mechanical staff on non-complex, non-critical equipment
- Compile job documentation (e.g. certificate of completion, customer training forms, training certificates, punch lists, etc.)
- Experience in and understanding of commercial HVAC mechanical equipment and controls
- Ability to troubleshoot DDC controls system components, field devices, control panels, and networking issues
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Read and understand blueprints and wiring schematics
- Computer skills and ability to learn software programs and applications
- Professional appearance and interpersonal skills to properly represent Quality Air in an ethical and professional manner
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
- Have or the ability to obtain a Refrigeration Safe Handling Certification
- Vocational school or Associate degree in HVAC
- 5+ years of HVAC service experience
- Generally required knowledge includes HVAC controls systems, facilities management systems, peripheral equipment installation, and servicing techniques
- Effective interpersonal skills to properly represent Quality Air to customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional manner
- Ability to explain information in technical and non-technical language
- Leadership skills to support the activities of Mechanics working on non-complex, non-critical Building Automation equipment on a job site
Quality Air is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a career opportunity with initial and on-going training. In addition, the compensation program includes top hourly pay and bonus, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays, health/medical benefits, 401k match, comprehensive benefits, company vehicle, and cell phone. You will be required to pass a drug test and background screening
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Comfort Systems USA, Inc. and all subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full-time