- Meeting an aggressive budget
- Utilize a closed loop water source heat pump system to maximize efficiency, reliability, flexibility, and limit exterior building openings.
- Each apartment is served by an efficient water source heat pump located in a closet with overhead exposed spiral duct to serve each tenant.
- The commercial spaces are also served by the same core water source heat pump system as the apartments which increases the diversity and efficiency of the entire system.
- There is a highly efficient boiler system to maintain a minimum temperature in the water loop and an open style cooling tower for heat rejection.
- There are separate energy recovery ventilators on each level to serve the ventilation requirements from a central location, therefore no individual exhaust fans were required, and the ventilation air is also delivered directly to each heat pump.
A Closer Look
234 Market is a multi-use building located in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan. The building is approximately 200,000 square feet, with nearly 250 apartments, retail space, and a parking garage. Quality Air was chosen by the construction and development team to provide a cost-effective design with single source responsibility.