Grand Rapids Community College Phyllis Fratzke Early Childhood Learning Laboratory
- Standard platform construction with wood framing and is located on a sloping site in downtown Grand Rapids
- Mechanical system has two primary parts designed to help keep the occupants comfortable; radiant flooring that runs throughout the entire building and a Variable Refrigerant Flow system that is ducted to an Energy Recovery Unit located in the mechanical courtyard
- It was discovered that some of the manifolds that supply the radiant floor tubing were in areas that were occupied by other building elements
- Coordination team quickly identified the problems and found a simple solution
- Time to work with the coordination team allowed for issues to be resolved before being constructed saving time and money in the field
A Closer Look
Grand Rapids Community College’s Phyllis Fratzke Early Childhood Learning Laboratory is one of Quality Air’s most recent BIM coordination projects.