- Multiple types of spaces all used for very different purposes (offices, production, testing, IT rooms, etc…).
- This project had a very aggressive schedule.
- The HVAC system for Viking consists of multiple roof top heating and cooling units with a mix of hot water and gas heating.
- The office and administrative areas have two roof top VAV units with large in-line duct silencers, hot water coils and 70 terminal unit zone boxes with re-heat coils.
- The hot water heating system comprised of two large boilers with 6 pumps in addition to the roof top units also supplies the perimeter Runtal wall mounted units and CAB heaters in vestibules. There is also ceiling radiant hot water panels in high ceiling areas to blanket the tall glass windows.
- Production and lab areas are conditioned with single zone rooftop units controlled by an Automated Logic DDC control system.
- The IT rooms receive cooling from 2 Carrier computer room air conditioners with roof mounted condensers.
- They also have exhaust hoods in the labs along with a forklift battery charging station hood, and additional gas tube heaters are located near dock areas with a few supplemental gas unit heaters.
A Closer Look
This 170,000 square foot facility is Viking’s corporate office and training facility for their worldwide distributors. Quality Air was selected as the design-assist mechanical contractor in order to facilitate the early release of equipment and to hit budget targets.